Night Skiing allows for the ultimate in time flexibility. Your school or organized group of students can enjoy Mount Pakenham from 4pm to 9pm Tuesday to Friday.
Our Skiing in Schools Brochure is available online. Click here and then click on the Skiing In Schools Brochure link at the top of the page.
This is a full evening of skiing or snowboarding, starting anytime after 3:30pm. Group lessons are available for beginner students at either 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm so students can safely advance at their own pace. Private lessons may be reserved also.
After School Club
Great for groups of students who are avid skiers or who just want to get out on the hill on their free time. Students, teachers or parents can organize an after school club and get a super deal on lift tickets. No lesson required for After School Clubs but beginner lessons are available.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND FINE PRINT
* Rates are for school groups OR ANY ORGANIZED STUDENT GROUP of 15 or more (scouts, hockey team, friends/neighbours)
* Minimum requirement is 5 students per ability level for lessons.
* Mount Pakenham Season Pass holders pay only $12+hst for the lesson.
* Teachers/Supervisors receive complementary lift tickets (max 1 per 10 paying students)
* We recommend a minimum of 1 supervisor per 10 students to accompany school trips.
* Program is designed for ages 7+. Special arrangements for private lessons can be made for younger students and special needs students with advanced booking.
* We recommend 3 to 5 ski/board trips to fully benefit from the lesson progression.
* Pre-booked student private lessons available - $45+hst/hour for 1 person or $55+hst/hour for 2-3 students.
* On-line Trip rosters(for students renting equipment) are required 14 days in advance or you may be subject to cancellation or rescheduling.
* Night group lessons are for beginners only and are offered at 4pm, 5pm or 6pm Tuesday to Friday.
* Night Chairlift Readiness Assessment option available to night students that are not taking lessons for a $1+hst/student charge.
* Personal Equipment must meet safety standards. Metal edges and braking devices are mandatory. Helmets must be ski or snowboard type.
* Fund Raising-we can help! Ask us about our tailor made fundraising program.
Race Training is another great alternative for night visits. Click here for more information.
Reserving is easy. Choose your dates and give us a call or make a reservation using our online reservation system with your estimated numbers. We will email you a login for our easy to use online roster system (required if your group needs equipment or lessons). We ask you to complete the trip roster (name, age, sex, ability, height, weight and foot size) 14 days prior to your trip date to enable us to pre-set skis and bindings to maximize ski time. Last minute add ons will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis.
Following strict guidelines set out by Ontario Snow Resorts Association and Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange OSBIE , our Skiing in Schools programs provide a fun and safe learning opportunity.
Call 613-624-5290 or 613-624-5202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Educators Login Here
If you have any problems logging in to the Teacher Portal - please contact 613-624-5290.
The 'Group Number' field is an optional field if you want to sort students by bus or grade etc.
Helpful Hints for Parents - Physical Education Through Skiing and Snowboarding
NEW! Book your Skiing In School Trip Online
Mount Pakenham tops the region as THE destination for school trips. Our Skiing in Schools programs provide a fun and safe learning opportunity for all ability levels.
Rates are for school groups OR ANY ORGANIZED STUDENT GROUP of 15 or more (scouts, hockey team, friends/neighbours) offered Mon-Fri except Christmas and March Break Holidays. Our program is designed for ages 7 and up. We do offer lesson options for younger students by advance booking.
High School Racing and Evening Race Training
Winter Outdoor Wonder Snowshoeing Adventure
Snow Tubing is a great alternative or addition to your school ski trip.