CADS is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization providing skiing resources and instruction to those with physical and/or developmental impairments. CADS strives to break down barriers and promote a safe, fun skiing environment. We are grateful for the generosity of Mount Pakenham owners and management, as well as the dedicated volunteers who make this program possible.
CADS offers an 8-week adaptive ski program, starting the first week of January. Participation is dependent on volunteer availability. Volunteers are certified through CADS, and the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance. The program runs Wednesdays through Friday afternoons and evenings as well as weekends. There is a race program on Tuesday evenings.
In addition to weekly lessons, CADS provides support to school groups that have students with special needs in their ski programs. School groups must contact us in advance to make arrangements for an instructor.
Interested in participating? Would you like to volunteer?
For further information, contact
www.cads-ncd.ca (click on the Pakenham link at the top of the page).
- Program: 8 Week Program CADS
- Available: CADS Thursday and Friday Afternoons; Saturday and Sunday Mornings
- Equipment: Includes Equipment and Lift Ticket
- Fine Print: Participation in the program depends on the availability of volunteer instructors who are certified through CADS. All disabilities and ages are accepted with a physician’s referral. New skiiers are interviewed and accessed and must become members of CADS-NCD and fill out information and release forms.
- Ability Levels:Beginner - Expert
Season Starters Ski or Snowboard! One hour lesson. Ages 6 to Adult.
Our DISCOVER PROGRAM is designed for FIRST TIMERS to make getting started easy and affordable. Only $49+ tax and includes lesson, lift ticket and rental equipment.
A Private Lesson can take your skiing or riding to a new level FAST! Only $59 +tax